Comparison of top rated best bug zapper in the online market for sale:
|Flowtron BK-80D 80-Watt|
Flowtrn, 15.5 x 10 x 10 inches, 12 oz, outdoor, 1-1/2-Acre
|Flowtron FC-8800 Diplomat Fly Control|
Flowtrn, 12 x 12 x 27 inches, 20 oz, indoor and outdoor, 1,200 sqft.
Best quality in big-budget.
|TESCCI - 20W Electronic Bug Zapper|
Tescci, 15.4 x 11.6 x 3.9 inches, 3.6 oz, indoor, 5,000 sqft.
Best in extra cheap.
|Sandalwood Electric Bug Zapper|
Sandalwood, 12.1 x 9.7 x 8.6 inches, 1.9 oz, indoor and outdoor, 0.5 Acre.
Under budget with best quality.
|Zepol Labs Mergence Wall Sconce Fly Trap|
Zepol Labs, 15.5 x 6.5 x 6.5 inches, 3.9 oz, indoor, 2000 sqft
|Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer|
Flowtron , 110.2 x 10.2 x 16.5 inches, 6 oz, outdoor, 1-Acre
|Insect Killer Zapper|
Teza Products, 10 x 10 x 14 inches, 6 oz, indoor & outdoor, 6.000 sqft
|Solar Bug Zapper Garden Light|
HoozGee, 102.4*78.7*51.6in, 3.3lb, indoor and outdoor, 100-150 sqft
|FlowtronBK-80D 80-Watt |
Flowtrn, 10 x10 x 15.5 inches, 12 pounds, outdoor, 1-1/2-Acre
|Gardner GT200 Insect Light|
Gardnr, 23 x 10 x 13 inches, 9.9 oz, indoor & outdoor, 1800sqft
|Redeo Electronic Bug Zapper Insect Killer Lamp |
Redeo, 5.1 x 5 x 3.6 inches, 10.4 oz, indoor & outdoor
If you have a lawn, a garden or a patio in your home, you are most likely to go out in the evening and spend some time there. You may just sit back and relax, or look around your garden. You may even decide to throw a barbecue party! However, all your fun ideas may fail due to the irritating and harmful mosquitoes and other insects. Whenever you will go outside, you will notice that they are circling around your ear and making annoying noises. They will bite you and make your skin itch and swell. Mosquitoes even cause diseases like dengue, chikungunya, and malaria!
You must have tried some of the bug killing sprays without any successful result. Now you will find bug zappers which are very effective in killing mosquitoes and other bugs. You will find the best insect zapper at an affordable price that will help you to kill bugs in your yard, garden or even inside your home.
Are you looking for the best bug zapper? Here our experts listed top 10 affordable bug zappers that you can use for your home and garden.
Bug zappers can be a live saver when it comes to outdoor activities. You can take them with you in a picnic or camping and enjoy your time without worrying about bugs. You will find different types of bug zappers on the market. They all have special features and might differ in size, price, or other qualities. You should do some research before buying a bug zapper so that it meets your needs.
- 1 What Is Bug Zapper & Why You Need This?
- 2 Top Rated 10 Best Bug Zappesr – Updated List
- 2.1 1. Flowtron BK 80D – Amazing Outdoor Insect Killer Review
- 2.2 2. Flowtron FC 8800 – Best Commercial Indoor and Outdoor Bug Zapper Review – Best Quality in Big-Budget
- 2.3 3. TESCCI 20W Electronic Bug Zapper – Awesome UV Light Bug Zapper Review – Best in Extra Cheap
- 2.4 4. Sandalwood Electric Bug Zapper Amazing Lantern – Best Indoor Bug Zapper Reviews – Under Budget with Best Quality
- 2.5 5. Zepol Labs Mergence Wall Sconce Fly Trap – Best For Home Usage Review
- 2.6 6.Flowtorn BK 40D – Amazing Outdoor Insect Killer Review
- 2.7 7. Insect Killer Zapper – Best Outdoor Mosquito Zapper Review
- 2.8 8. Solar Bug Zapper Garden Light – Best Solar Powered Bug Zapper Review
- 2.9 9. Flowtron BK 80D – Best Electronic Insect Killer For 1.5 Acres Review
- 2.10 10. Gardner GT200 Insect Light – Best Bug Light Review
- 2.11 Buying Guide – Bug Zapper Checklist Before Purchase
- 2.12 Natural Bug Repellent for Plants
- 2.13 FAQ
- 3 Bug Zapper for Sale on a Mosquito Killing Spree
- 4 Identifying Bug Bites: How to Prevent & Treat [Infographic]
What Is Bug Zapper & Why You Need This?
Flying insects can be a nuisance sometimes; especially after doing lawn and garden maintenance when you are in the mood of having some relaxed time outside in the evening. There are many pesticides available in the market for getting rid of these insects. The bug zapper, however, is something different. It is more targeted and can kills insects precisely. It uses ultraviolet light to attract certain species of insects. You can find bug zappers that are specifically designed to kill certain kind of insects as well.
After the bug gets attracted to the light of the bug zapper, it kills the insects using electric shock. It often makes the signature ‘zapping’ sound. Some bug zappers don’t produce any noise at all. Bug zappers are usually compact in size and have an attractive design. They have hooks so that you can hang it on the walls or keep it on table tops. Using the hooks you will be able to hang it on tree branches as well. It is lightweight and you can take it anywhere. So, whether you are going on camping, hiking or picnic, you can take your bug zapper with you to have an enjoyable trip.
Bug zappers are energy efficient so you won’t need to worry about your electric bills. They are very easy to clean as well. There is a removable tray and you can easily take it out and clean it. You can replace the bulb easily as well if needed. Bug zappers have proven to be more effective than pesticides. They can attract mosquitoes and other bugs from a long distance and make your surroundings bug free within a very short time. It is not only effective for domestic use, but for commercial use as well. It doesn’t cause any harmful chemical and is absolutely safe to be kept around children. If you haven’t tried out a bug zapper yet you should buy one today.
Top Rated 10 Best Bug Zappesr – Updated List
The manufacturers are coming up with innovative solutions for insect killer. You will find various models of bug zappers in the market having the latest technology. Here are the reviews of the best rated bug zapper of this year.
1. Flowtron BK 80D – Amazing Outdoor Insect Killer Review
If you want to get rid of the flying insects inside and outside your house without causing any harm to the environment then you should buy this insect killer from Flowtron. Unlike pesticides, when the insects get killed they naturally get reabsorbed in the ecosystem. They don’t get contaminated by any chemical and harm the environment.
Features of Flowtron BK 80D
- It has patented design and technology that is effective in killing lots of insects every day.
- The high voltage transformer is used to kill the insects.
- The grids of the bug zapper are non-clogging, so cleaning is easy.
- The device is waterproof and rustproof.
- The bug zapper can cover an area of up to 1 to 0.5 acres.
- High-intensity black light is used to attract the flying insects that are sensitive to light.
- Protective enclosure makes it safe to be used near children or pets.
- The bulb lasts for a long time and is very easy to replace. Best bug zapper
- An environment-friendly product that is safe to use.
- Highly efficient in killing insects.
- A special cartridge is available for attracting mosquitoes.
- Energy efficient and doesn’t increase your electric bills.
- Can be plugged into any standard socket, so you can take it anywhere with you.
- The vertical grid eliminates any clogging, so there is no chance of short circuits occurring.
- You can even use it outside during rainy season.
- The length of the power cord is too short. So, you may have to buy an extended cord to use it outside.
- If you have pets in the house then they may be frightened when you switch on the bug zapper. It will take some time for them to get used to it.
The Flowtron bug zapper looks like a lantern. So, you can not only use it as an insect killer but also as security lighting. If you are looking for an economical solution for insect problem then you should purchase this bug zapper.
2. Flowtron FC 8800 – Best Commercial Indoor and Outdoor Bug Zapper Review – Best Quality in Big-Budget
If you want to avoid any disappointment during an outdoor gets together, then you should buy this model of Flowtron bug zapper. The device will take care of all your flying insect problems. With its glow tube, it can attract lots of insects and kill them instantly.
Features of Flowtron FC 8800
- Uses an ultraviolet light to attract a wide range of insects.
- The AC powered grid is very powerful and uses 5,600 volts and 2.4 amps to kill insects.
- The bug zapper is constructed using high-impact plastic that is suitable for using outdoors.
- It can cover up to 2 acres area outside and also offers indoor coverage of 1200 sq. feet.
- Cleaning is easy as there is a removable tray for collecting the insect remains.
- The vertical rod of the grid doesn’t allow any clogging.
- Fly sex lure or pheromone is included which even attracts house and garbage flies.
- The device meets FDA and USDA guidelines for quality standards.
- The power cord is long, so you can use it outdoors comfortably.
- The grid is chrome-plated allowing maximum protection.
- You can mount it both horizontally and vertically.
- Ideal for use in large properties like farms and barns.
- You can use it in high insect population areas like dumpsters and get good results.
- Highly effective in killing insects including mosquitoes and covers a wide area.
- Easy to clean.
- Best quality in big-budget.
- The device produces bright light, so you cannot use it at home during the night as it will disrupt your sleep.
- The electricity cost can be high.
- The transformer may get too hot with over usage.
- The bulb may not last long, so you may need to replace it frequently.
The Flowtron FC-8800 bug zapper is ideal best for both indoor and outdoor use. Due to its bright light, you can use it as your garden light as well. With this device, you can easily enjoy your drink on the patio without worrying about any terrible bug experience.
3. TESCCI 20W Electronic Bug Zapper – Awesome UV Light Bug Zapper Review – Best in Extra Cheap
If you don’t want your kids to complain about mosquito bites anymore then you should buy this bug zapper. TESCCI is a name for powerful electronic bug zapper that is very effective in killing mosquitoes and other flying insects. For a natural and chemical-free pest control, nothing can be better than the TESCCI 20W bug zapper.
Features of TESCCI 20W Electronic Bug Zapper
- Uses two UV bulbs for producing ultraviolet rays that attract insects even from 80 feet away.
- The powerful 2,800-volt bulb is used to kill the insects.
- It can cover an area as large as 5,000 sq. feet.
- The device is RoHS compliant and CE certified, and so is safe to be used at home.
- Includes two replacement bulbs.
- You can either hang it on the wall or place it on a flat surface.
- The grid has a protective cage.
- The device doesn’t use any harmful chemical to kill insects. So, it is environment-friendly and can be used in sensitive places like kitchen, hospitals, and restaurants.
- You can use it safely at home as the protective cage prevents any electric shocks if touched accidentally.
- You won’t have to worry about your electric bills, as the device is very cost effective.
- No toxic fumes are produced when the insects are killed.
- You will be able to clean it easily without any hassle.
- The bulbs are strong, so you won’t need to replace it frequently.
- At lowest price best bug zapper – extra cheap.
- The device is not very compact and can take up a lot of space.
- You may have to buy an extension cord to plug in when you use it outdoors.
If you are looking for a natural way of pest control, then you should get this bug zapper. The device is very powerful and will reduce the population of flying insects in your premises within a very short time.
4. Sandalwood Electric Bug Zapper Amazing Lantern – Best Indoor Bug Zapper Reviews – Under Budget with Best Quality
Covering an area of a ½ acre, this bug zapper is able to reduce the population of flying insects in your house and commercial places. The product is a powerful tool for killing a gnat, fly and other insects. You can relax by the pool with your family or go outside for a picnic without any interruption of flying insects.
Features of Sandalwood Electric Bug Zapper
- The design is attractive and can be used as a garden lantern.
- The UV light bulb is used to attract insects both day and night.
- You can use it both indoor and outdoor.
- It is water resistant, so can be used outside even when it’s raining.
- The 2,000-volt electric grid is powerful enough to kill insects instantly.
- Octenol attractant lures more insects towards the grids.
- The light feels comfortable to the eye.
- Ideal for use during picnic, camping, barbecuing, etc. You can also use it inside your home.
- The light produced is effective in attracting lots of insects.
- The grids are well constructed and will last for many years.
- You can keep it outdoors even during the rainy season.
- Lowest price Under budget with the best quality.
- best electric fly zapper
- The size of this product is smaller than the others in the market. So, it might not attract as many insects as the larger bug zappers.
- The light bulb may need to be replaced quite frequently; otherwise, the device won’t work at its best.
As the bug zapper is very nicely designed, it will add a decorative flair to your garden, pool or yard. You can simply sit back and relax some wonderful time outside without worrying about the insect bites.
5. Zepol Labs Mergence Wall Sconce Fly Trap – Best For Home Usage Review
Zepol Labs has brought an outstanding fly trap in the market that is not only good at its performance but is very attractive looking as well. If you are worried about the flies and other bugs in your house then you should get this smart product and reduce the insect population of your house.
Features of Zepol Labs Mergence Wall Sconce Fly Trap
- The device uses modern technology and uses UV bulbs to attract flying insects.
- About 2000 sq. ft. are can be covered; that is, the device is able to attract insects from a long distance.
- The insects get caught in glue pads that are easily replaceable. So, you won’t have to worry about the hassle of cleaning.
- Uses a 30-watt system that is very effective and economical.
- Two UV BL368 lamps are used to lure the insects.
- No toxic substance is used in the process of trapping or killing insects.
- A protective hood is present that makes it safe to be used near children and pets.
- Suitable for use in homes and commercials establishments.
- The attractive design of this bug zapper makes it ideal to mount in the walls of your room. You can also repaint the white shell to match the color of your walls.
- The small size makes it easy to store. The cable can be wrapped in plastic hooks, so less storage space is required.
- The device is capable of removing insects from high population areas.
- The glue pad is large enough to hold about 300 flies.
- This bug zapper doesn’t produce any annoying zapping noise.
- The device is not very effective in catching mosquitoes.
- You may need to change the glue pads often, thus incurring an ongoing cost.
The product is manufactured based on thorough scientific research. It is effective in catching a wide range of insects including filth flies, bottle flies, house flies, moths, etc. The device is very effective and highly recommended for use at home or any commercial place.
6.Flowtorn BK 40D – Amazing Outdoor Insect Killer Review
This insect killer is perfect for residential use. It can cover a range of 1 acre and eliminates mosquitoes and other biting insects using the nontoxic ultraviolet light.
Features of Flowtorn BK 40D
- It uses 40W ultraviolet light to attract flying insects.
- The grid is non-clogging; the insect parts just fall on the tray underneath. So, cleaning the device is very simple.
- The device is very effective in killing mosquitoes, flies, hornets, etc.
- It is suitable for use in lawn and patio, so you can enjoy some good time outside your home.
- The product is durable and can last several years.
- It is very energy efficient; there is no ongoing cost involved.
- Very effective for use in places where there is a high population of flying insects, like in homes with lots of flowers and plants.
- Your electricity bills won’t rise as it’s very energy efficient.
- The device is easy to clean and there is a removable tray that you can use to get rid of the dead insect.
- You can carry it around easily and take it with you for any outdoor activities.
- It is perfectly safe to be used when children are around.
- Sometimes, useful insects can get attracted to the UV light and get killed.
- There is no night-time sensor, so you need to turn the device on or off with a wireless remote.
- It is not waterproof, so you can’t use it when it rains.
For residential purposes, this is the ideal insect killer you will find in the market. The product has received a lot of positive reviews from the customers.
7. Insect Killer Zapper – Best Outdoor Mosquito Zapper Review
If you are looking for a bug zapper that is ideal for both residential and commercial use then this is one of the best products you will find in the market. Using only 40W UV light, it is able to kill lots of flying insects within a short time.
Features of Insect Killer Zapper
- 40W ultraviolet light is used to attract flying insects.
- The device contains electrically charged high voltage metal grids that kill insects instantly.
- 4000 volts electricity is produced to kill the insects.
- It is a high-performance bug zapper that kills flies, mosquitoes and moths.
- The magnetic transformer can run for a long time without getting overheated.
- The device is capable of covering up to 6,000 sq. feet which is much larger than that provided by most of the other bug zappers in the market.
- The product has a working life of 8,000 to 10,000 hours.
- The bug zapper is extremely efficient in killing insects. At the same time, it is energy efficient. So, you won’t have to worry about your electric bills.
- The product doesn’t get overheated even after many hours of usage.
- Once you buy this bug zapper, it will last you for many years.
- The device is completely waterproof, so ideal to use during rainy season.
- The bug zapper makes a significant zapping sound that can be annoying.
- It is expensive compared to bug zappers that use electronic transformers.
Teza insect killer is appropriate for use in both indoor and outdoor. You can replace the bulb easily and use it for several years without experiencing any major problem.
8. Solar Bug Zapper Garden Light – Best Solar Powered Bug Zapper Review
You will get the double benefit if you purchase this bug zapper. It will work as an insect killer and garden light at the same time. Your garden path will be beautifully lighted and the area will be free of any flying insect.
Features of Solar Bug Zapper Garden Light
- The LED lamp is used to attract insects.
- High voltage power grid kills the insects.
- Auto-control system is present making it more energy efficient.
- Layers of insulation make the device safe. So, you won’t have to worry if your child accidentally touches it. There is no risk of an electric shock.
- You don’t need to plug in the bug zapper all the time. The battery is available that can run for a long time.
- There is a solar charging option which helps to conserve energy.
- No chemical is used in killing the insects making it a very eco-friendly product.
- Can be charged using solar energy and alternating current as well.
- Saves a lot of energy.
- Can last for years without the need to replace any part.
- Doesn’t produce any irritating noise, so you can sleep well at night.
- Auto-control feature makes it convenient to use. You can save a lot of energy as well.
- Very high voltage is used to kill the insects, so accidents may occur if the inner grid is touched.
- Cleaning can take time as you will have to wait till the grids get discharged. You will have to clean it carefully and be cautious not to hurt yourself.
The bug zapper from HoozGee is one of the most environmentally friendly products you can find in the market. It doesn’t produce any radiation or sound. You can conserve energy by charging it using solar energy. If you are someone who is conscious about protecting the environment then you should buy this bug zapper.
9. Flowtron BK 80D – Best Electronic Insect Killer For 1.5 Acres Review
Unsuccessful attempts at killing insects using various products can be frustrating. If you are tired of buying different types of ineffective insect killers, then you should try out this insect killer from Flowtron. The brand is very popular for manufacturing high-quality bug zappers and this model is particularly very special.
Features of Flowtron BK 80D
- The device is highly efficient in killing flying insects.
- The grid is non-clogging, so no insect will accumulate on the grids.
- The construction is rustproof and waterproof, so will last for many years.
- Provides wide coverage of 1 to 0.5 acres.
- The product uses 80W nontoxic ultraviolet light which is most effective in attracting a wide variety of insects.
- Allows easy clean up using a leaf blower.
- As the device is rustproof and waterproof, you can keep it under the sun or rain for a long time without causing any damage.
- The bulbs can last for a long time, so you don’t need to replace them frequently.
- The bug zapper is very energy efficient and will keep your electric bill down.
- It is environment-friendly and doesn’t make the atmosphere toxic by emitting in unpleasant fumes or smell.
- You can easily throw away the insect remnants and let it decompose ecologically in the ground.
- The length of the power cord is short, so you need an extension cable to plug it in.
- It is more expensive than the other brands.
- This type of new device in the house can frighten your pets away.
In the long run, you will find that the product is very cost effective. It will not only keep your home bug free but will also maintain the hygiene of your place.
10. Gardner GT200 Insect Light – Best Bug Light Review
The Gardner GT200 is one of the best adhesive light traps you will find for flying insects. It uses 80 W ultraviolet lights to attract bugs. The trapping area is more than 210 sq. in., so there is enough space to trap lots of insects.
Features of Gardner GT200 Insect Light
- 80W UV output is used to attract insects.
- The device can cover an area of 1,800 sq. ft.
- The dimension of the device is 18’’L X 10’’H X 6’’D; so you can easily carry it from one place to another.
- Its steel construction makes it durable.
- The trapping area is wide enough to attract lots of insects.
- You can hang it on the wall or keep it on a shelf.
- The device is USDA and FDA approved, so you won’t have to compromise quality.
- You won’t hear any annoying zapping noise or sparks when the insects get killed.
- There are two adhesive panels that allow more insects to be trapped.
- The glue boards are black in color, so you won’t notice the trapped insects.
- You will get 10 black glue boards for free.
- The light bulbs are shatterproof.
- You will need to change the glue board every 30 to 60 days. The frequency will increase if you are using it in a high insect infestation area.
- You may need to replace the bulb from time to time to increase the effectiveness of the device.
If you are looking for a non-chemical and noiseless device that you can keep in your home for a good night’s sleep then this is the product for you. You can also use it conveniently outside your home. It’s a great choice for places where the population of the insect is high.
We have just reviewed some of the best bug zappers you will find on the market today. The choice of bug zapper depends on your circumstance, budget, and purpose. You should read our reviews thoroughly and then come to a decision about which bug zapper you should buy.
Buying Guide – Bug Zapper Checklist Before Purchase
Bug zappers give protection from the biting insects that can cause skin irritation and other harmful diseases. Even the annoying buzzing sound made by these insects is enough to ruin a perfect day out. A bug zapper can save you from the torture of these insects. Manufacturers have been researching for years to come up with a product that will be effective in killing insects without harming the environment. The modern bug zappers are very effective and have special features to make your life more comfortable. If you are thinking of buying a bug zapper for your home or office, here is a checklist that you must follow.
Natural Bug Repellent for Plants
Indoor or outdoor: The bug zappers designed for using indoors can be quite different from those that are meant for outdoor purposes. There are some bug zappers in the market that can be used both indoors and outdoors. You must decide where you will need the bug zapper most and then buy the product accordingly.
Design: You will find bug zappers with different designs. Some look like lanterns which you can hang from anywhere; whereas, others are more horizontal looking appropriate to be kept on tabletop or shelf. Some even look like a decorative piece. Depending on your taste, you should choose a design that will look good in your house or garden.
Size: The size is an important factor to consider. If you go out a lot on picnic, camping or hiking then you should buy something portable and compact. If it’s meant to be used only at home then you can buy something bigger and heavy.
Cost: The different bug zappers in the market have variable prices. You should not buy products that have very low prices. In such case, you will actually be compromising with the quality of the product. However, the best products are not necessarily high priced. You should read online reviews to see the ratings of the products before buying them.
Manufacturer: Buy the product of an established brand. These brands have been researching on the product for many years and are likely to manufacture better product than the new brands.
Energy efficiency: Since the bug zappers need electricity to operate, you need to think about your ongoing electricity cost. So, find out which bug zapper is more energy efficient. Some bug zappers can be charged using solar energy as well allowing you to conserve energy.
Different brands offer various special benefits. You should look into those and get the recommendation of your friends and colleagues as well before buying a bug zapper.
1. Question: Do electric bug zappers work on gnats?
Answer: Yes, electric bug zappers can kill gnats. However, you will need a powerful bug zapper, for example, one using 2400V, to kill gnats.
2. Question: What color of light repels mosquitoes?
Answer: If you want to repel mosquitoes you should use a warm colored LED light. You can choose LEDs that produce an orange/yellow hue. You shouldn’t use blue light if you want to repel mosquitoes.
3. Question: How do mozzie zappers work?
Answer: Mozzie zappers use ultraviolet emitting light bulbs that attract mosquitoes to the device. The device has a wire mesh grid that is electrically charged with high voltage. Once the insects get attracted to the grids and come in contact with it, they get killed because of the electricity.
4. Question: What kind of bugs do bug zappers kill?
Answer: Bug zappers can kill biting insects like mosquitoes, flies and gnats. Non-biting insects like beetles and fireflies also get killed by bug zappers.
5. Question: What do bug zappers do?
Answer: The bug zappers attract flying insects using ultraviolet light and then kill them by electrocution. They are highly effective in reducing the population of insects inside and outside the house or commercial places. They get rid of the insects using environment-friendly approach.
Over the years, bug zappers have proven to be more effective than the other devices that were used previously to kill insects. The major reasons for its popularity are its effectiveness in killing the bugs and the environment-friendly approach they use to kill the bugs. Bug zappers don’t contain any chemical. They don’t produce any fume or bad smell when the bugs get killed. The modern bug zappers also don’t produce any sound. Some bug zappers can be charged using solar energy. So, you can actually conserve energy as well.
Bug Zapper for Sale on a Mosquito Killing Spree
Manufacturers are trying to come up with a more energy efficient bug zapper so that you can run it all the time by having little effect on your electric bills. If you are looking for the best solution to get rid of the annoying insects in your home then you should buy a bug zapper today. The various models of bug zappers discussed here are the best in the market. You should choose one of these to make your home bug-free.
Happy shopping! with the best bug zapper