Comparison table of best mosquito repellent for baby:
|Repel Lemon Eucalyptus Natural Insect Repellent |
size: 4 oz, spray type, weight: 4.8 oz, up to 6 hours protection, natural, lemon eucalyptus
|Sawyer Products Premium Insect Repellent|
size: 4 oz, spray type, weight: 3.2 oz, up to 12 hours protection, natural, picaridin
|All Terrain Herbal Armor DEET-Free Organic Insect Repellent |
size: 8 oz, spray type, weight: 9.6 oz, up to 10 hours protection, natural, herbal armor
|Cutter Lemon Eucalyptus Insect Repellent|
size: 4 oz, spray type, weight: 2.4 oz, up to 6 hours protection, natural, lemon eucalyptus
|Skedattle Natural Insect Repellent|
size: 8 oz, spray type, weight: 12 oz, up to 8 hours protection, natural, essential oils
|Natrapel Mosquito, Tick, and Insect Repellent Wipes |
size: 4 oz, spray type, weight: 4.8 oz, up to 6 hours protection, natural, lemon eucalyptus
|Johnson's, Baby Oil Creamy Aloe & Vitamin E|
size: 8 oz, spray type, weight: 9.6 oz, up to 6 hours protection, natural, creamy aloe & vitamin
|Ben's 30% DEET Mosquito, Tick, and Mosquito Repellent|
size: 6 oz, spray type, weight: 2.4 oz, up to 12 hours protection, natural, 30% DEET
|Badger Balm Anti-Bug Balm|
size: 0.75 oz, spray type, weight: 0.3 oz, up to 8 hours protection, natural, citronella, cedar, and lemongrass essential oils
|California Baby Bug Repellant Spray|
size: 6.5 oz, spray type, weight: 9.6 oz, up to 8 hours protection, natural, vegetables
At first, I want to congratulate you on your wise decision. You have chosen to buy best mosquito repellent for baby. We are forwarding into a prime mosquito period, and there is waiting for a colossal tension such as Zika, Lyme, West Nile mosquito-borne syndrome. They attack your skin while you are going outside and spread out virus inside the body.
These are so harmful to your health. Especially if you have children, you need to take extra protection to keep them out of mosquito bites. And the best solution is mosquito repellent. It is a useful stuff that is placed on human skin or outfit and protects your baby from insect’s bite while playing outdoors.
Now it’s time to choose between chemical or non-chemical best mosquito repellent. If it is for your kid, then you should obviously go for natural & non-chemical mosquito repellent. Chemical ingredients are very harmful to sensitive skin like children.
- 1 Top rated 10 Best Mosquito Repellent For Baby Revews
- 1.1 01. Repel Lemon Eucalyptus Natural Insect Repellent – Best insect repellent for baby Review
- 1.2 02. Sawyer Products Premium Insect Repellent – Best bug spray for babies Review
- 1.3 03. All Terrain Herbal Armor DEET – Free Natural Insect Repellent – Best mosquito spray Review
- 1.4 04. Cutter Lemon Eucalyptus Insect Repellent – Best bug repellent for babies review
- 1.5 05. Skedattle Natural Insect Repellent – Best mosquito repellent for baby Review
- 1.6 06. Natrapel Mosquito, Tick, and Insect Repellent Wipes – Best mosquito repellent for kids Review
- 1.7 07. Johnson’s, Baby Oil Creamy Aloe & Vitamin E – Best mosquito repellent for toddlers Review
- 1.8 08. Ben’s 30% DEET Mosquito, Tick, and Insect Repellent – Best bug repellent for kids Review
- 1.9 09. Badger Balm Anti-Bug Balm – Best insect repellent for ticks Review
- 1.10 10. California Baby Bug Repellant Spray – Best bug spray for toddler Review
- 1.11 FAQ:
- 1.12 Final Recommendation
- 1.13 Share this:
- 1.14 Like this:
- 1.15 Related
Top rated 10 Best Mosquito Repellent For Baby Revews
If Non-DEET repellent is the right option, I have ten buy best mosquitos repellent for you. It took hours of research and analyzation of scientific documents, and finally, I am presenting you best mosquito repellent for baby. It will help you choose which one you want to use exactly.
01. Repel Lemon Eucalyptus Natural Insect Repellent – Best insect repellent for baby Review
If you have kids, you have to go the extra mile to protect themselves from insects. I recommend Repel Lemon Eucalyptus is your best solution. It’s natural and made for sensitive skin such as the child. It protects your child from dangerous viruses like Dengue, Zika, Chikungunya and so on. Likewise, the scent is adorable than other chemical based spray. It contains lemon fragrance and natural oil. The oil collected from lemon eucalyptus trees. It saves an individual up to 6 hours from any mosquitos bite and less harmful to our skin. FDA already gave a green signal & recommends using for all child over three years. It contains less lethal ingredients than other DEET based repellents and much safer to use on clothes, valuable gears, and plastic.
Warning. Don’t apply to a kid under age of two. It’s not entirely natural & contains little amount of p-menthane and other toxic. But still much better than DEET based chemical insect repellent.
- Fit for sensitive skin.
- Smooth and nice fragrance.
- Natural and free of substance chemicals.
- Sustain up to 6 hours.
- Safety to put on clothes and gears.
- Not suitable for kids under age of two.
- Harmful to eyes.
02. Sawyer Products Premium Insect Repellent – Best bug spray for babies Review
My next item of the list is Sawyer Products Premium Insect Repellent. This one is so potent against yellow mosquitos which leads Zika virus. It contains 20% of Picaridin and sustains up to twelve hours. You can safely use it on outfit or gears. The ingredients are less harmful than DEET based repellent products & long lasting to protect your kids from insects, ticks, flies and so on. Sawyer offers both lotion and aerosol spray and less odor.So that you can use if over dry skin easily. Similarly, The World Health Organization (WHO) already declared picaridin is best chemical ingredients for mosquito repellent. It doesn’t harm skin or plastic. Also safe to use for everyone.
- Less Odor.
- Free of DEED based substantial ingredients.
- Picaridin is colorless and safe to use on plastic and other materials.
- Safe to use for everyone.
- Long lasting coverage (12 hours).
- Feels dry over the skin.
- It’s not natural.
- Contain substantial chemicals like hydroxyethyl.
- N.o fragrance.
03. All Terrain Herbal Armor DEET – Free Natural Insect Repellent – Best mosquito spray Review
This time I pick up something which is pure natural and 100% DEET free. All Terrain Herbal Armor DEET-Free Organic Insect Repellent is the best natural insects repellent for everyone especially kids. The outdoor lifestyle is very exciting. However, insects are dangerous threatens. It spreads out viruses like zika, dengue so on. In any case, All Terrain Herbal Armor DEET-Free Natural Insect Repellent is the best & effective solution. It is entirely natural insect repellent pump spray and free of DEET ingredients. It contains six essential oils including – lemongrass soybean, cedar, peppermint, geranium, lemongrass, and citronella. The percentage of active ingredients is very high (over than 26%). It’s non-annoying; allergy certified & fits for everyone.
- Free of ingredient substantial chemicals.
- Full natural.
- Highest active element.
- Doesn’t spoil clothes & plastic.
- Doesn’t suit for kids under age of two.
- Spray causes eye and skin damage in some cases.
Warning! Use it under the senior supervision and keep it out from kind’s hand.
04. Cutter Lemon Eucalyptus Insect Repellent – Best bug repellent for babies review
If you are searching for a brand without substantial chemicals, Cutter comes first. Cutter Lemon Eucalyptus Insect Repellent is one of the natural, DEET free best bug repellents for babies. It’s similar to my first pick up, Repel Lemon Eucalyptus Natural Insect Repellent. Both contain natural plant-based essential oils and nice lemon fragrance. Both are collected from lemon eucalyptus trees. It gives coverage up to six hours and saves your kids from out of insects, flies and dangerous viruses such as Zika, Dengue, Chikungunya. This natural repellent works so well than any DEET ingredients and doesn’t irritate skins. Moreover, you can apply it to clothes or valuable stuff safely. It doesn’t damage gear or plastic.
- Adorable lemon fragrance.
- Plant-based ingredients.
- DEET free and natural.
- Doesn’t irritate skin.
- Doesn’t damage clothes or gears.
- Powerful odor.
- Doesn’t sustain a long time.
- Doesn’t recommend to apply on pets.
05. Skedattle Natural Insect Repellent – Best mosquito repellent for baby Review
Do you know what my favorite part of this repellent is? It doesn’t only protect our family or child, but also apply on pets. Moreover, It doesn’t damage clothes, skin or gears. You can easily use it as your choice. For another thing, I prefer this repellent because this one is 100% natural & eco-friendly. It doesn’t contain harmful chemicals or fake fragrance. Instead, it offers essential oils including Citronella, Lemongrass, Peppermint, and Vanillin. These ingredients are fully organic and provide fragrance smell. It works16x effectively than any DEET repellent and prevents mosquitos, ticks, flies from anyone. You can safely apply it to clothes or gears and doesn’t damage them. This is what inspires me to put it on my best mosquito repellent list.
- Complete natural ingredients.
- Safely recommended applying to kids and pets.
- Eco-friendly and No DEET ingredients.
- 16x active than DEET repellent sprays.
- Overpowering odor but the scent contains vanilla fragrance.
- Causes allergic problem.
- Few bottles are deficient.
06. Natrapel Mosquito, Tick, and Insect Repellent Wipes – Best mosquito repellent for kids Review
This type I pick up something different against mosquitos. That is Natrapel Mosquito, Tick, and Insect Repellent Wipes. If you are investigating the best alternative to DEET repellent for your child, then this repellent wipe is my suggestion. It is lab tested and works excellent than any other DEET ingredients. Natrapel Mosquito repellent wipe contains 20% of Picaridin and suggested by the CDC to protect against any insect-borne diseases. For one thing, it is very safe & easy to use. Just uncover a wipe and apply it to outfits, pockets or stuff. It doesn’t damage plastic, gear, clothes or any other synthetic components and offers up to 12 hours of protection. So it’s time to get rid of DEET free active ingredient repellent and choose Natrapel. Trust me it works. Besides, it’s portable and easy to carry. I always keep some pieces in my pockets wherever I go. It keeps me out of viral insects while enjoying outdoors.
- Effective than DEET ingredients.
- 20% Picaridin & 80% natural.
- Portable & easy to use.
- Emanate floral fragrance.
- It’s not fully natural.
- Don’t apply it to kids under the age of two.
07. Johnson’s, Baby Oil Creamy Aloe & Vitamin E – Best mosquito repellent for toddlers Review
Johnson’s is a brand that already gained trust all over the world when it comes about the baby product. Like other categories, Johnson’s, Baby Oil Creamy Aloe & Vitamin E works very efficiently against harsh insects. It is purely natural and contains an amount of Aloe-Vera gel, Vitamin E & other natural ingredients. The cream is long lasting and offers 6 to 8 hours of coverage against insect-borne viruses. For another thing, this cream doesn’t look slick and sustainable to apply on dry skin. It takes 10X times more to moisture over dry skin & clinically tested. The most interesting thing I found this product is its kindness & assurance to use over kids for baby massaging and parent-baby binding. This leaves the skin glowing & shining for the long lasting period.
- Soft & non-sticky.
- Quickly absorbed.
- Best moisturizing creamy oil for baby skin.
- Natural ingredients and fragrance.
- Little bit expensive but trusted brand.
- Doesn’t suit during winter season.
08. Ben’s 30% DEET Mosquito, Tick, and Insect Repellent – Best bug repellent for kids Review
This time, I pick something atypical but very effective against mosquitos. I always suggest using natural repellent on kids & toddlers. But natural ingredients are not so protective & don’t sustain long periods like DEET ingredients. So the solution is Ben’s 30% DEET Mosquito, Tick, and Insect Repellent. It contains a small amount of DEET ingredient that hardy harms your skin. Moreover, it is made based on water formula. It confirms less consumption & melting of DEET into our skin. Also, it is less combustible & harmful to apply to skin & clothes. Only a few drops will save your kid from viral insects up to 12 hours. No matter what you kids are going or hiking or camping, this repellent will always save them from harmful insects.
- Long lasting protection.
- Efficient active ingredients.
- Made of water-based formula.
- Slow absorption of DEET chemicals.
- Decrease skin irritation problem.
- Contains 30% substantial DEET ingredients.
- Effective but harmful to sensitive skin.
09. Badger Balm Anti-Bug Balm – Best insect repellent for ticks Review
Next up, I choose something pure natural and effective both. Badger balm is a powerful and safe anti balm for bugs and insects. It comes in different style which I recommend safer for babies than traditional spray repellents. Unlike others, Badger Balm is a 100% organic and DEET free insect repellent that repels mosquitos and flies. Its active ingredients are pure organic including natural citronella, cedar, and lemongrass essential oils work better than any other chemical repellents. Moreover, the combination of extra virgin olive & castor oil makes the repellent smoother and softer for the skin. Plus its smell is very adorable; it neither contains chemical fragrance nor powerful odor. You can use it for every individual member of your family.
- All-organic and DEET free ingredients.
- Organic essential oils are softened for skin.
- Adorable smell.
- Certified natural and chemical free.
- Easy & safe to apply.
- Trust me; I don’t find anything wrong in here. It’s purely organic and risk-free to use.
10. California Baby Bug Repellant Spray – Best bug spray for toddler Review
I am the last portion of my Best mosquito repellent list, and here I want to add my favorite one. That is California Baby Bug Repellant Spray. The reason I love this product is its intact attitude to our skin. It is 100% safe to apply to sensitive skin and free of substantial chemicals. It is made with vegetable and herb-based ingredients. It offers organic citronella candle smell and doesn’t irritate skin. It’s chemical free & doesn’t damage plastic and gears.
- 100% organic and DEET free.
- Easy & safe to use.
- Used organic essential oils.
- Doesn’t irritate skin.
- Some bottles found defective hardly. But like previous one this item is entirely organic and risk-free using for everyone.
Before taking a step to buy any mosquito repellent, carefully scan the level of the product. It listed the name and percentage of ingredients using the repellent. When it comes about baby, you need to take double care. Every component is not suitable for baby’s sensitive skin. In the USA, there work two organizations to ensure the safety and efficiency of the bug repellent- the CDC & EPA. Both agencies recommend three active ingredients for mosquito repellent: DEET, picaridin & natural oil and plant-based ingredients.
Already my friends warned me about the side effect of mosquito repellent; some are prohibited from applying on baby under the age of two years. However, the insect-borne viruses like Zika, dengue are more harmful than it. So I suggest avoiding mosquito repellent that contains DEET based chemical ingredients and relies on natural & organic mosquito repellent. Though DEET already recognized as the most protective mosquito repellent in 2005, when it comes about the safety of your infant you need to choose something organic and natural.
Also, every repellent doesn’t treat every insect equally. It varies according to the variation of insects breed, gender, level of action and so on. Here I listed some points for you considering selecting the best mosquito repellent for baby.
- The percentage of mosquito-borne disorder in your area.
- The existing of different type of mosquitos.
- Temperature, environment & evaporation percentage of your living area.
- Do you pass a long time in forest or outside home?
How to apply mosquitos repellent
- Before applying it, make sure that person doesn’t have any allergic issue. However, the natural repellents don’t have allergic problem. It is safe to use.
- Apply it on skin, avoid sensitive parts of body including mouth, eyes, nose and injured spots.
- Use a limited amount of portion over the surface, don’t use large volume. It doesn’t increase protection hours.
- Never spray directly on clothes, t first read the level. Some repellents are made for using over clothes, and some are for skins.
- Always keep it way from child’s reach.
What factors should consider before buying a baby repellent
Some extra factors you need to keep your mind before buying a baby repellent.
- It’s natural.
As I already mentioned, that you can’t use chemicals on sensitive skin. Cause it’s harmful. So you need to go for natural bug repellent for your kid.
Consider the hours of protection very carefully. The best repellent offers an ultimate lasting protection to your baby against viral insects.
- Tolerable scent or smell.
Powerful and chemical fragrance is not tolerable for everyone. And definitely, it’s also not suitable for child. So go for one which provides tolerable and organic smell.
- Low existence of DEET.
Although DEET ingredients are so powerful, it has side effect. CDC recommends keeping DEET below 30% in baby repellent sprays or creams.
Some other precautionary tips
- Never use repellent sprays near food items. Instead spay it in open places, so that it can’t go inside our body.
- DEET repellents are so efficient but don’t apply it on skin. Sometimes it irritates or infects skin.
- Never apply it directly to face. Instead, use it on hands or other parts of body.
- Clean your hands, skin, and clothes before and after using it. Teach your child to do the same thing.
Is there a termination date?
Answer: You don’t have to worry about it. Once purchased, you can apply it for your lifetime.
What is the difference between DEET & DEET-free mosquito repellent?
Answer: DEET based mosquito repellent contains chemical and lab-made ingredients. On the other hand, DEET-free mosquito repellent contains natural & plant-based ingredients.
Do these repellents create sticky or greasy feel over skin?
Answer: No, the items I listed are non-sticky and don’t irritate skin.
Do these repellents are safe to apply on clothes, plastics & gears?
Answer: Yes, these products are 100% safe to apply to clothes, plastic, gears and other valuable stuff.
At last, I reach the final portion of my Best mosquitos repellent for baby review article. These are the top best ten mosquito repellents for your baby of this year. I presented detail descriptions of each product which help you to decide the best one for your family, kids, and pets. Stay with us to get further update about the latest mosquito repellents. If you find any item which is not reviewed here just give me an email with the item link. I will do best for you.